Lets face it, not everyone is a geek and to the layman I.T. jargon can be confusing, especially in this age of cloud computing, and the consequences to your business if you do not have someone competent managing your I.T can be devastating.
- Are your office computers/servers secure? are they being maintained
- Are you protected from malware or ransomware?
- Do you know if your data (documents, email, website, etc) is being backed up or how to recover it?
- What happens if your website goes down, your email stops working or your computer crashes and you lose your files?
- Or worse still what do you do if your provider goes out of business? do you have a copy of everything you need to recover and setup somewhere else ?
These are important questions to consider, and many of them you may have not even thought of let alone have answers to.
Understanding the difference between the various technologies and how to use them, let alone the difference between one provider/product and the next, the hosting and security requirements of your business, finding the best and most secure solution for your needs, maintaining that solution, and keeping your apps secure can be a daunting and sometimes impossible task for the uninitiated.